Monday, October 4, 2010

Yuppie Burger Helper

Tonight, I was trying to think of a way to make instant brown rice* more interesting. I made a cup of rice and basically dumped 3/4 to 1 cup of Mexican Style Smart Ground (basically soy protein +taco sauce) into the pot, followed by a few generous shakes of Cholula sauce** and some shredded cheddar cheese.

I blended the mixture over low heat, giving about two generous servings of Yuppie Burger Helper. I figure it is basically the same thing as Hamburger Helper, but healthier, kosher and more flavorful. Hopefully this can be a step towards more non-dessert recipes.

* = My mom would roll her eyes about my using instant rice, but I do not have the patience for cooking normal rice, even if it is cheaper.

** = Delicious, kosher Mexican hot pepper sauce. Also good for spicing up macaroni and cheese, and beef stew (as previously featured).

No comments: