Wednesday, December 3, 2008

One More Thought

I think I heard at least 3-4 covers of "Frosty the Snowman," "The Christmas Song," "Baby It's Cold Outside," and "Walking in a Winter Wonderland" during my 5-hour shift tonight.

I wonder why I haven't heard "Jingle Bell Rock" at least once at work; we've completely switched to Christmas-themed music (that is, 95% secular-ish Christmas songs and 5% secular winter songs) but we seem to be lacking some of the better pop Christmas songs.

I'm sure, for example, that there are more people who like "Jingle Bell Rock" than "Little St. Nick" ("Little Deuce Coupe" with minor, but not very good, lyric changes).

With that, I bid you all a good night, and hope that the Christmas music you hear in stores/elevators/people's leaking headphones etc. is at least tolerable.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have a radio station here that plays all christmas music... but it's all BAD boring dull christmas music...