Thursday, December 11, 2008

What if…

… hospital chaplains could wear scrubs like nurses and surgeons?

I actually had this thought while working on my last final.

It's probably never going to happen since most people expect clergy to be dressed in a serious, professional manner, and there's no practical reason for chaplains to wear scrubs.

On the other hand, scrubs are so much more comfortable than suits and dress shirts. Almost to the point where, if I had an infinite amount of time to go to college/grad school, I would finish up my Jewish Studies major, get a Bio degree, and try to get a combination rabbinical ordination/nursing (or medical) degree.

How cool would it to be "Doctor Rabbi (your name)" or "The Reverend Doctor (your name)"? Actually I know a minister with a non-medical doctorate whose title is the Reverend Doctor.

No comments: